Following on the success of the Barclays Premier League Trophy Tour which visited nine overseas markets, Barclays and the Premier League wanted to do larger activations that would connect with more people. Johannesburg was the first location selected, as a key market for both brands. It was a logistical challenge, but was successfully delivered and a huge success.
- 11,000sqm Fan Zone in Zoo Lake Sports Club in Johannesburg.
- Big screen showed five live matches, also broadcasting brand / club content.
- Great stage / entertainment all day.
- Robbie Fowler, Lucas Radebe, Marcel Desailly and other local talent met and entertained thousands of fans.
- 5–a-side pitch hosted by legends
- 5 club and 4 sponsor activations
- F&B and merchandise throughout
- VIP hospitality for 250 guests
Results = 30,446 fans visited over the two days